Hiring a close-up magician must be a difficult thing to do. Many people who call me are concerned mainly about price. It’s understandable, organising a wedding or party is expensive.
But here are some points to consider when it comes to choosing a magician just on price:
1. There’s not a single professional magician alive who can sustain charging £100 or £150 for every show he does.There are many things to consider such as travel, tax, cost of materials, insurance, car maintenance, the magician would be making little to no money.
2. If someone is cheap, there’s normally a reason. If a magician doesn’t have the confidence in themselves, it’s difficult for the client to have the confidence in the magician. Will they arrive on time, will they do a great job and so on?
3. Fees often reflect the magician’s target market. If you are looking for a international close-up magician who performs at top-class corporate events, you won’t find the right magician at the lower end of the price scale.
4. Price also reflects the magician’s experience. Amateur magicians almost always charge the least because they don’t rely on magic as their income. Professionals, however, need to charge a full fee because it is their only source of income.
Finally, one comment is the reverse of all the other points:
5. The magician may have a reason to price lower. Maybe they live locally, have another show nearby that day or they think meeting your guests would be beneficial for them. Therefore, not every low-fee should suggest the magician isn’t fantastic.
The best magician I have ever seen, producing fire one moment then a block of ice the next. AMAZING.
Unbelievably, bloody brilliant, astonishing magic.
My card was frozen in a block of ice – it’s utter madness but sheer brilliance.
I don’t know whether to be amazed or to just burn you at the stake.
It’s truly baffling.
All I can say is just WOW.
OH MY GOD! How is that possible?
Outstanding magic. A magnificent eye catching performance.
Tonight I witnessed real magic happen right before my very eyes.
I was captivated from start to finish, exceptional entertainer.
One of the finest purveyors of the magical arts I have ever seen.
Utterly Mind Boggling Brilliance.